Examine budget estimates for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with procedures and regulations. Analyze budgeting and accounting reports.
Cost accountant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Cost accountant to join our team.
- Take a lead in the review of existing costings;
- Cost analysis and recommendations for sustainable cost reductions from the findings;
- Work with the management teams across the business units to make sure KPIs are being met;
- Liaise closely with external auditors at specific times during each financial year;
- Support of the monthly management report function;
- Responsibility for preparing standard product costings, releasing new cost standards, reporting on variances, contribution and profit evaluation;
- Developing and maintaining rolling stock forecasts and identifying variances;
- Assisting with reporting of the financial performance of Continuous Improvement projects;
- Check and process department transactions, including internal transfers, external sales, and purchase invoices;
- Managing the stock take compiling and analysing the results as appropriate;
- Providing insight on market trends that may affect supply;
- Support and contribute to the budgeting process and preparation of financial forecasts;
- Maintaining product cost structures and producing meaningful cost variance analysis;
- Updating standard costs for materials, labour and overheads, analysing variances between actual and standard cost.
- Attention to detail;
- Confident professional with the ability to challenge information and data;
- Strong organisational and communication skills;
- Numerical ability;
- Commercially orientated;
- Manufacturing accountant with a background in cost accounting;
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel;
- Ability to meet deadlines;
- Ability to work in a pressurised environment to strict timescales;
- Proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Office products;
- Proactive and a self starter;
- Good written, verbal communication and collaborative skills;
- Team Player;
- Ability to research, compile, analyse and interpret data;
- A knowledge of accounting systems.