Plan, direct, or coordinate activities in such fields as architecture and engineering or research and development in these fields.
Engineering Project Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Engineering Project Manager to join our team.
- Developing cost projections and maintaining budgets throughout project lifecycle;
- Obtaining business approval and funding;
- Establish and maintain input into the Integrated Project Schedule for allocated Project;
- Management of BOM’s;
- To take responsibility of the preparation, planning and execution of projects in line with the company quality management system;
- Generate Project reports in line with Programme recognised procedures;
- Review monthly reports, generate and report variance analysis, identify mitigating strategies and actions;
- Identify, maintain and mitigate project risks;
- Delivering design, construction, commissioning and validation phases to agreed completion targets;
- Visit customers and suppliers (UK & further afield) to co-ordinate project deliverables as may be required from time to time;
- Liaise with internal procurement and suppliers regarding both technical and commercial matters- raise RFQ’s and PO’s as required.
- Good problem solving skills;
- Mechanical, Electrical or Civils Engineering Knowledge;
- Highly competent in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Electrical Engineering background particularly welcome;
- Technical understanding of the signalling process;
- Understanding of the design and delivery process, able to technically challenge when required;
- Be highly driven with the right energy and creativity to develop people and company culture;
- Hold a valid driving license;
- Ability to strategically plan the engineering workload for programme delivery;
- Read and fully understanding engineering drawings and standards;
- Relevant IRSE accreditation and licences;
- Evidence of having led custom design projects from concept to delivery;
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple parallel projects/activities;
- Project engineering experience (At least two years), and obsessively organised.