Research the distribution, circulation, and physical properties of underground and surface waters; and study the form and intensity of precipitation, its rate of infiltration into the soil, movement through the earth, and its return to the ocean and atmosphere.
Environmental Consultant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Environmental Consultant to join our team.
- Report writing and report checking;
- Reed bed inspections and maintenance work;
- Implementing an Environmental management system such as ISO14001;
- Reed planting;
- Managing compliance with accordance to external bodies;
- Collecting data;
- Assisting with reed bed design;
- Site surveys and sample collection;
- General office administration tasks;
- Site Visits such as client communication;
- Compliance with company Quality, Environment and H&S procedures;
- Carrying out environmental assessments and reviews;
- Project work including project management, project budgeting and project administration and record keeping;
- Providing environmental and sustainability advise throughout the organisation;
- Maintenance of plant nursery (watering reeds, preparing reed stock, etc).
- Comfortable communicating with clients;
- Project management skills;
- A Driving Licence is essential;
- Highly organised – able to prioritise work and meet deadlines;
- Any experience with CAD, GIS or in a consultancy or client facing role would be advantageous;
- Good oral and written communication – capable of explaining technical concepts to a wide range of people;
- Highly numerate with good data analysis skills as well as being fully IT literate with data analysis and report writing skills;
- Ideally degree in science, engineering or similar technical subject;
- Able to work on own initiative;
- Able to work independently;
- Preferably have gained experience working in the environmental industry.