Financial Reporting Accountant I prepares periodic financial statements required for external reporting. Collects and analyzes financial data, ensuring that all reporting is in compliance with SEC and GAAP reporting regulations and guidelines. Being a Financial Reporting Accountant I consolidates entries and accounts to be utilized in financial statements. Prepares internal reports as required. Additionally, Financial Reporting Accountant I researches accounting rules and regulations and makes recommendations regarding company policy. May provide support and assistance to external auditors. Requires a bachelor’s degree of Accounting or Finance. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. The Financial Reporting Accountant I works on projects/matters of limited complexity in a support role. Work is closely managed. To be a Financial Reporting Accountant I typically requires 0-2 years of related experience.
Financial Reporting Accountant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Financial Reporting Accountant to join our team.
- The production of half yearly consolidated sub-group accounts;
- The production of quarterly and periodic investor reports;
- Maintaining the integrity of the general ledger;
- Deliver the annual Company IFRS Financial Statements together with accompanying support;
- Prepare and collate information for the quarterly Audit and Risk Committees;
- Respond to ad-hoc queries and financial information requests as required;
- Plan and deliver group audit and work with auditors to ensure annual monitoring is carried out;
- Variance analysis on monthly reports and budgets;
- Upkeep of Group accounting policies to ensure best practice;
- Working with Financial Controllers and wider Finance Teams to identify key areas of existing and emerging financial risk;
- Support the preparation of quarterly reporting information, communicated externally and internally to the FD/CFO;
- Update the bonus accrual a monthly basis;
- Ad hoc analysis to facilitate improved commercial decision making;
- Consolidate 140+ statutory entities;
- Preparation of financial information and regulatory disclosure.
- Experience of financial controls and project management;
- Strong excel skills;
- Newly qualified finance professional (ACA / ACCA);
- Demonstrable internal/external audit experience;
- Outstanding communication skills both written and oral;
- Emotionally intelligent with the ability to build relationships and think laterally;
- Proficient with MS Excel and ERP systems;
- Assisting with year-end processes including financial statement and audit;
- Supporting the business reporting process, through monthly management reporting, statutory accounts and business performance reporting;
- Ensuring that management reporting is timely and accurate and you will line manage a team of two;
- Knowledge of accounting standards (IFRS or FRS102);
- Ideally Immediately available/1 week notice;
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment is a plus;
- Strong written communication skills;
- Audit experience and a track record of preparing financial statements, statutory accounts, consolidated monthly management accounts and reports.