Group Financial Accountant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Group Financial Accountant to join our team.
- Budgeting, forecasts and variance analysis;
- Administration of the financial consolidation system (Cognos Controller) and monthly close activities;
- Development and group-wide implementation of accounting practices and policies;
- Maintaining ledgers and producing balance sheet reconciliations for the holding companies;
- Preparing and reviewing accurate balance sheet reports & insightful analyses;
- Recommending and implementing internal controls and reviewing current processes and suggesting improvements where appropriate;
- Providing effective analytical review and understanding of key transactions at the entity level;
- Ensure that appropriate processes and systems are in place to provide support to operational areas;
- Valuations – liaison;
- Developing a detailed understanding and knowledge of the Group structure, including agreements and contracts applicable to entities;
- Supporting the process around technical judgements, and preparing elements of Audit committee papers;
- Support and help develop process implementation plans;
- Liaising with internal stakeholders to ensure timely completion and approval of statutory accounts;
- Consolidate business plans and forecasts to create group balance sheet and cash flow projections;
- Regulatory reporting.
- Organisational development;
- Statutory requirements;
- People management;
- Financial reporting;
- Systems/process review;
- Financial management;
- Management Information.