Perform activities in the human resource area. Includes employment specialists who screen, recruit, interview, and place workers.
Human Resources Generalist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Human Resources Generalist to join our team.
- Policies and Procedures: Ensuring all policies are being followed and employees are complying with procedures;
- Performance Management: Evaluating employee performance and coach managers on their communication and interaction skills;
- Payroll: Payroll is outsources so you will need to have a general understanding of payroll including pension and general tax.
- Strong business acumen and service-oriented philosophy;
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to use Microsoft products;
- Intermediate to advanced MicroSoft Excel skills;
- 3+ years of experience in Human Resources;
- Ability to work with confidential materials and employee information and maintain confidentiality at all times;
- Coordinating modified duty and return to work programs;
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university or equivalent experience;
- In depth knowledge of Family Medical Leave Act and it’s regulatory parameters;
- Careful attention to detail and accuracy combined with a high level of written and oral communication skills;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Multi-tasking and prioritizing multiple requests;
- Monitoring first aid, medical only and lost time injuries for appropriate claims progression;
- Working with outside counsel as appropriate on high risk cases;
- Experience with HRIS and database management;
- Maintaining compliance with OSHA recordkeeping and reporting requirements.