The Internal Auditing Manager assists in the design and administration of audit policy and procedure. Oversees the auditing of accounting and financial data of various departments within an organization. Being an Internal Auditing Manager coordinates projects with external auditors. Writes reports on how to improve finance, operation, and management processes and systems. In addition, Internal Auditing Manager may require a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to top management. The Internal Auditing Manager manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. Extensive knowledge of department processes. Working as an Internal Auditing Manager typically requires 5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. 1 to 3 years supervisory experience may be required.
Internal Audit Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Internal Audit Manager to join our team.
- You will be required to perform internal audit field work in the UK and International offices;
- You will need to be able to commit to 30% international travel;
- You will need to be able to commit to 50% international travel;
- To work autonomously and complete audits from start to finish;
- Act as a major point of contact within the firm for the client together with the partner;
- Act as an ambassador of the firm, participates in office marketing events, keeps abreast of the wide range of service the firm offers;
- Preparing monthly/quartrely reporting for Audit meetings, EMEA Senior Management and International Head Office;
- Sits as an invited participant to the Audit & Risk Committee & on other Country Audit Committees as required;
- Ensuring that the organisation fulfills international and governmental obligations of compliance;
- Overseeing the process of audits;
- Reporting on audit findings to the business up to executive level management and tracking completion of agreed audit actions;
- Coach and support others to achieve a level of engagement with the business which promotes Internal Audit as a trusted advisor;
- Coordinate, drive and deliver simultaneous reviews in a timely and efficient manner, without compromising quality of delivery;
- Build strong and long-lasting relationships with clients;
- The audit manager will also contribute to the SOX Compliance effort by testing/reviewing the relevant controls in scope.
- Working knowledge of financial products, firm services, issues regarding advice and regulation and compliance, including anti money laundering;
- Good working knowledge of UK and International GAAS, IFRS, UK GAAP and Financial Reporting requirements;
- ACA/ICAS qualified or overseas equivalent;
- Previous experience of managing people;
- Experience of systems/controls testing as well as substantive auditing, including consolidations, group audits, statutory accounts and disclosures;
- Project management experience;
- Educated to degree level;
- Confident at challenging decisions at a senior management level;
- Advanced excel skills;
- Audit experience in a large accounting practice;
- Computer literate with a strong working knowledge of Microsoft 365;
- Previous experience within FMCG or Retail;
- Qualified up to 7 years post qualified experience.