The Junior Buyer qualifies vendors, evaluates bids, and negotiates prices and terms for purchased goods and services. Assists in purchasing materials, supplies and services at the most favorable terms for the organization. Being a Junior Buyer may require a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent. Tracks purchases, monitors vendor quality, and maintains a current database of vendor information. In addition, Junior Buyer typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Being a Junior Buyer works on projects/matters of limited complexity in a support role. Work is closely managed. Working as a Junior Buyer typically requires 0-2 years of related experience.
Junior Buyer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Junior Buyer to join our team.
- Submit monthly promotion selections by supplier;
- Provide an excellent information service to internal customers;
- Keep stock valuation within agreed targets and actively monitor and reduce slow moving stock, implementing procedures to reduce;
- Actively source new products stimulating sales growth;
- Raise and place purchase orders with approved suppliers, ensuring continuity of stock levels;
- Maintain promotional stocks to an acceptable level;
- Representing the procurement department in meetings with new and existing customers;
- Carry out due diligence on all suppliers;
- Maintain and build relationships with customers and suppliers;
- Communicating with internal customers regarding any changes to suppliers/pricing;
- Resolve queries and/or discrepancies on supplier invoices;
- Sourcing the products and services required to maintain business continuity;
- Evaluate and manage stock requirements including stock out and order issues;
- Managing multiple supplier accounts;
- Updating and maintaining all price files and the entire supplier catalogue.
- Ability to plan and organise workload effectively and to be able to work to tight deadlines;
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to develop strong supplier relationships;
- Be proactive and use initiative to solve problems;
- Be numbers focused, positive and enthusiastic;
- Full UK driving license;
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- Excellent communication skills;
- At least one year’s experience working in a similar role;
- Experienced Microsoft office user, especially Excel;
- Must be educated to A level, ideally a graduate;
- At least two years’ experience within a procurement role, having been exposed to the whole end to end procurement process;
- Must be able to work under pressure;
- Must be methodical and good with numbers;
- Must have SAP experience;
- Experience of using MRP systems and or SAP desirable.