Junior Merchandiser – Fashion Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Junior Merchandiser – Fashion to join our team.
- Managing and reacting to sales in season by maximising sales and profit with correct rebuys, ratios etc;
- Managing, developing and motivating a merch admin on your department;
- Ensuring best sellers, core lines are never out of stock;
- Predicting sales forecasts, trends and maximising profits while controlling stock cover and commitment, for minimal mark down;
- Collating and presenting in-depth analysis in season, building towards seasonal strategy, framework and buy plan presentations;
- Managing stock levels/ risks and distribution of stock;
- Phasing in the stock accurately, also around key events and trend launches;
- Building relationships with manufacturers, and suppliers and handling any supply / production issues as they arise;
- Maintaining awareness of competitor performance;
- Assessing sales performance of ranges;
- Trading the sales and stock performance at category level;
- Starting to think about Managing budgets, WSSI management, OTB management with the support of the Merchandiser;
- Working with the buyers to drive strategy and framework plans forward;
- Negotiating prices, quantities and delivery time-scales and controlling the lead times on best sellers, and how suppliers prioritise their orders etc;
- Suggesting stock promotions / price reductions and exit stock strategies.
- Numerate with a good level of IT skills, particularly Microsoft Excel;
- Confident, enthusiastic and highly driven;
- Reactive, with the ability to cope with the pressures of a fast-paced working environment;
- Commercial with a passion for retail / the fashion industry;
- It is essential that you are currently working as an established Assistant Merchandiser or Junior Merchandiser for a retailer;
- Strong trading and planning skills.