The Logistics Coordinator I coordinates inventory management, warehousing, and transportation activities in order to optimize inventory levels and minimize costs. Provides clerical support for inbound and outbound logistical operations. Being a Logistics Coordinator I typically requires a high school diploma or equivalent. Supports a variety of logistical functions, including sourcing, receiving, purchasing, and dispatching. In addition, Logistics Coordinator I typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Being a Logistics Coordinator I works under the close direction of senior personnel in the functional area. Possesses a moderate understanding of general aspects of the job. May require 0-1 year of general work experience.
Logistics Coordinator Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Logistics Coordinator to join our team.
- Manage a portfolio of suppliers on a day to day basis, maintaing excellent healthy relationships;
- Working in tandem with the Despatch Manager, to provide assistance and support in daily tasks, ensuring the smooth running of the department;
- Arranging cover for holidays or absence when required, which may require temporarily working alternate shifts;
- Collation and communication of departmental KPI’s;
- Receipt of goods, pallets, returned goods and any outside gluing etc;
- Allocate and manage staff resources according to changing needs;
- Setting up and maintaining supplier compliance and booking requests;
- Coaching of Shippers and handling of the Trouble Tickets Tracking of the Shipper coaching and the results;
- Managing sidelined shipments and notification to Shippers;
- Liaising with site teams to plan vehicle movements to or from; work sites/areas, vehicle holding areas or consolidation centres;
- Manage the end-to-end order fulfilment process;
- Non-conformance management, supporting solution implementation to avoid repeat occurrences;
- Utilise IT systems to manage Sale Orders for delivery to within the UK and Europe;
- Confirming receipt and acknowledging of Sales orders;
- Work within the end-to-end supply chain to maximise customer satisfaction.
- Experience of working with a Delivery Management System;
- Experience of working with sites, suppliers and drivers;
- A highly motivated individual with a passion for deep diving data;
- Strong administrative and reporting skills;
- Proficient in Windows, Outlook, Excel, Word, Internet Browser and Paragon;
- Able to prioritise workloads;
- A history of achieving targets in a high volume, fast paced Inside Sales operation;
- The ability to work in a fast paced, vibrant office environment;
- Forward Thinking;
- Ability to work within a team and on own initiative;
- Think both strategically and tactically to implement creative solutions;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft programmes Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Fast learner and fast thinker. Work well under time constraints;
- Desire to work with Sellers to grow their business by providing the highest quality customer experience;
- No active attendance, performance or conduct warnings.