Marketing Assistant I coordinates and assists with the marketing activities of a product or business line. Uses simple marketing strategies and media (e.g., print, digital, customer events and trade shows) to launch and position products and services. Being a Marketing Assistant I may require a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. The Marketing Assistant I works under the close direction of senior personnel in the functional area. Possesses a moderate understanding of general aspects of the job. May require 0-1 year of general work experience.
Marketing Assistant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Marketing Assistant to join our team.
- Organise and measure marketing campaigns with a focus on lead conversion;
- Data entry;
- eMail marketing;
- Checking analytics for social media engagement;
- Supporting and having input into marketing plans;
- Creating compelling social media content and tracking effectiveness;
- Assisting with the production of promotional material (Business cards, leaflets etc);
- Working on events, both internal and external;
- Attend various events and represent the company;
- Liaising and building relationships with a range of stakeholders e.g. customers, suppliers, training courses, colleagues;
- Create original artwork, repeat prints and placement design;
- Execution of marketing plans, including email marketing campaigns;
- Assist the ecommerce team in delivering the following;
- Undertake training call-out campaigns, to position the next appropriate course to previous training delegates;
- Assisting with content reaction for all online and offline marketing channels.
- The ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously – a problem solver;
- Experience in a similar position (marketing, PR or events) in a professional services ideally;
- Competent with design and branding is advantageous;
- Warm and personable personality;
- Proactive and able to work on own initiative;
- Able to respond well to pressure;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills;
- Well-versed in social media and all facets of the digital world;
- Desirable – Moderate knowledge of Salesforce, Adobe Photoshop and lnDesign platforms;
- Proficient in Word and Excel;
- Recent graduate holding a 2:1 degree or above;
- A clear understanding of social media (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Twitter);
- Calm under pressure;
- Knowledge of In Design, Illustrator and Photoshop highly beneficial;
- Have great copywriting skills.