Materials Buyer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Materials Buyer to join our team.
- Act to mitigate supplier cost increases, either through negotiation, delay of the increase or alternate supply;
- Manage raw material stock at the factories and reduce dead stock;
- Raise all purchase orders and call off orders and maintain dates in the ERP system;
- Arrange shipments to required suppliers;
- Negotiate the most competitive prices of raw material, components, assemblies and finished goods against required quality;
- Undertake price negotiations with suppliers;
- On continuous basis secure best prices and best suppliers via market scan (Globally);
- Liaise with finance re supplier payments;
- Conduct benchmarks on main fabrics/trims;
- Monitor external market prices to check that supplier prices are in line with any market index changes;
- Prepare management information which demonstrates improvements achieved on a quarterly basis;
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with the business suppliers;
- Inform the organisation on a monthly basis on market prices of raw materials;
- Manage price data on ERP solution.
- Previous experience of working within manufacturing or FMCG environments;
- Experience with tweaking and improving IT systems;
- Track record of materials purchasing cost savings within a mechanical engineering business;
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience within the purchasing function.