Assist industrial engineers in such activities as quality control, inventory control, or material flow methods. May conduct statistical studies or analyze production costs.
Materials Planner Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Materials Planner to join our team.
- Ensure OTIF is maintained;
- Communicate any supply or supplier risks to the planning team;
- Build on existing relationships;
- Deal with any discrepancies;
- Challenge forecasts and amend purchases to ensure continuity of supply and protect cash flows;
- Adhere to all standard procedures;
- Conduct regular maintenance and repair of production line machinery in line with safety procedures;
- Manage relationships with suppliers including conflict resolution and providing vendor performance reports;
- Initiate and manage materials procurement;
- Maintain minimum and maximum stock levels;
- Liaison with customers and suppliers to offer highest level of customer service;
- Managing WIP and finished goods working capital to agreed levels;
- Working to the Bill of Materials;
- Scheduling ingredients to ensure availability in accordance with production plan;
- Management of the flow of materials in a high volume production environment.
- Competent in computer systems;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Good telephone manner;
- Customer Service oriented;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure this is a fast-paced environment where changes to planned workloads can occur suddenly;
- IT Literate;
- Supply chain or planning experience;
- Ability to multitask and prioritise;
- Strong analytical and communication skills;
- Previous experience in a production or material planning role;
- Might suit a bright graduate looking to get into this field;
- Knowledge of SAP would be an advantage;
- Advanced Excel skills – Vlookups, Pivot tables;
- Excellent attention to detail.