Plan and erect commercial displays, such as those in windows and interiors of retail stores and at trade exhibitions.
Merchandiser Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Merchandiser to join our team.
- Responsible for all POS, floor moves and seasonal promotional activities;
- Planning of budgets by category, option count, and depth of buy based on the overall business and financial goals of the company;
- Recommends promotions and re buys as necessary;
- Attending and running events;
- Works closely with the Head of Merchandising at a strategic level within buying and merchandising and translates strategy to implementation;
- Liaising with the design department regarding design issues and to request high resolution artwork to be sent to the factory;
- Understanding the sales trends to manually fine-tune automated forecasts;
- Liaising with the factory daily via email and telephone regarding approvals and rejections;
- Trading the retail range across all retail channels;
- Reading test reports and sending production pieces to the lab;
- Monitoring and analysing slow sellers and taking the necessary action through markdown / promotions to increase rate of sale;
- Maintain up to date knowledge of suppliers prices, promotions, and products and making sure the system is up to date;
- Maintaining awareness of competitors trading activity and reacting if necessary;
- Managing replenishment across all retail channels;
- Understanding seasonal trends to forecast accurately whilst taking into account supplier lead times and potential upcoming sales events.
- Excellent IT skills including experience using database systems;
- Comfortable in reporting to senior directors and managers;
- Highly analytical with strong excel/spreadsheet knowledge;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Able to work on their own and as part of a team, training and developing junior members;
- Strong Excel and data handling skills;
- Extremely adaptable and used to working in a fast paced environment;
- Experience of team management and motivation;
- A 2:1 or above degree;
- Good communication skills;
- Strong commercial and numerate skills;
- Strong problem solving skills, with the ability to identify and resolve issues quickly;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to identify best practise, recommend new processes and ideas;
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.