Prepare studies for proposed transportation projects. Gather, compile, and analyze data. Study the use and operation of transportation systems. Develop transportation models or simulations.
Planner Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Planner to join our team.
- Analysis of time-risk, using Three Point Estimates and Monte Carlo simulation;
- Ensuring any required changes to works orders are processed through the ECR process;
- Managing the labor availability process, liaising with field teams to gain an accurate view of labor availability in the future;
- The control of finished goods stock levels so as to minimise disposals;
- Support the business with seasonal customer priorities analysis and implementation;
- Aligns with both NOS planning team and buying team to ensure full range offer is cohesive and focused;
- Proactively managing field absence and input into our system to enable forward planning;
- Works very closely with Retail teams to ensure smooth process for new and refit stores;
- Ensure that works carried out are processed efficiently and effectively;
- Monthly/Seasonal forecast review and hindsight for Retail and Wholesale;
- Maintain planning data/ fields within various systems: SAP BW/ HANA, Excel;
- To process all customer orders. To be able to reforecast customer provisional orders based on current orders and weather patterns;
- Booking of equipment with suppliers;
- Creating, updating and managing the Rolling Open to Buy and Collection Open to Buy process;
- Work to strict SLA’s.
- Self-motivated and capable of decision making;
- Must be a robust character with excellent communication skills both verbal and written;
- A positive can do attitude , with a flexible approach is required;
- Always looks for opportunities for efficiency improvement and more productive ways of working (a can-do attitude);
- Champions the values of passion, trust, warmth and courage;
- Ability to work well under pressure and in a fast paced environment is essential;
- Previous Engineering Maintenance Planner or similar experience is essential;
- Experience of working in the Automotive Industry (desirable);
- The ability to communicate confidentially at all levels is essential;
- Must be proficient on all MS packages;
- Proficiency in MS Office;
- Team player and pro-active approach to problem-solving;
- Experience in the interpretation of data and information and producing it in a clear and logical format;
- Extensive experience in programme and project management, project planning, including programme controls, project review, and cost and risk analysis;
- Strong communication, interpersonal and time management skills.