The Procurement Manager maintains relationship with vendors or suppliers and negotiates contracts for major purchases. Manages all purchasing activities and establishes strategic purchasing processes and procedures. Being a Procurement Manager typically requires a bachelor’s degree. Evaluates and analyzes purchasing trend and price trend to identify forecasting demand and minimize purchasing costs. In addition, Procurement Manager typically reports to a senior manager. The Procurement Manager manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. Extensive knowledge of department processes. Working as a Procurement Manager typically requires 5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. 1 to 3 years supervisory experience may be required.
Procurement Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Procurement Manager to join our team.
- Provide expert advice and guidance on legislation and regulations relating to procurement;
- Develop procurement strategies across different categories;
- Assist in contract negotiation to ensure contracts are structured extract increased value for money in terms of cost and performance;
- Creating supplier KPI’s;
- Implementing new processes internally;
- Working with a range of categories, both indirect and direct;
- Liaise with sister companies;
- Develop and implement purchasing strategy;
- Be a leader of change within the leadership team, managing and developing all resources within the procurement department;
- Vendor management of the existing supplier base;
- Train and develop existing and new direct reports as part of their/your career development;
- Take responsibility and monitor inventory control ensuring stock levels are maintained at a level to support operations;
- Lead the delivery of Outsourcing sub-contract work packages;
- Promotes customer intimacy in both internal and external relationships;
- Identifying and sourcing appropriate supply chain solutions for the delivery of outsourced intangible services.
- Previous experience of ERP systems such as Oracle, JDA, SAP or bespoke company tailored inventory planning systems;
- Prior experience from within the distribution, wholesale or FMCG sectors;
- Stakeholder engagement and influencing skills;
- Degree calibre, MCIPS desirable;
- Develop, negotiate and administer purchasing agreements and contracts with suppliers in support of organizational agreement;
- An ability to think ‘outside of the box’ offering solutions to enable the function to add value and innovation;
- A good understanding of IPR associated with contracting within the Defence/Aerospace industry (or a similar sector);
- A track record in category management in a fast moving environment;
- Monitor any discrepancy between LPO, DO and Material quantity or quality must be checked and communicated to supplier for clarifications;
- Direct continuous improvement of purchasing process in line changing organizational needs and market conditions;
- Contracting : Ability to understand complex specifications and contract scopes;
- Administer online procurement systems;
- Financial Acumen : Ability to analyse detailed financial and general management information;
- Ability to engage and influence cross-functional/cross site teams;
- Manage vendor and suppliers selection process based on price, quality, support, capacity and reliability.