Product Specialist monitors all aspects of a product lifecycle, including long- and short-term development and marketing. Stays abreast of trends in the marketplace to ensure the product’s competitive position. Being a Product Specialist interfaces with project managers and clients to determine the product’s future direction. Requires a bachelor’s degree. Additionally, Product Specialist typically reports to a manager. To be a Product Specialist typically requires 2 to 4 years of related experience. Gains exposure to some of the complex tasks within the job function. Occasionally directed in several aspects of the work.
Product Specialist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Product Specialist to join our team.
- Carry out Demonstration of company products confidently to new and existing customers;
- Collaborate with the management team to improve marketing materials and expand the company’s marketing presence in the North of England;
- Attend industry trade shows to accumulate new leads and increase market coverage;
- Update client information in the company CRM (Salesforce);
- Assist our sales team with product demonstrations;
- Prepare cars for handover;
- Organising customer site visits and product evaluations;
- Photograph cars for the website;
- support, review and optimisation of the existing production system;
- Conduct regular reviews of the configuration build and associated documentation and resolve any issues;
- Product manage the pipeline of LL opportunities and continually assess the business opportunities;
- Support the client in the production of a Process Change Plan to enable the product solution to be utilised to maximum effectiveness by all users;
- Responsible for ongoing maintenance of the LL operating model and relationship with BD’s preferred lending partners;
- Undertake product solution demonstrations for the client clearly presenting the benefits of the solution;
- Providing specialist equipment training at customer hospital sites.
- A thorough knowledge of our products and their clinical applications (full training will be provided);
- Presentation skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to relate well to customers;
- Good technical “know how” and an interest in IT and technology;
- Qualification to appropriate degree or postgraduate level. (e.g. IT, Medical Physics, Biomedical Engineering or Clinical Sciences);
- Excellent communication skills;
- Full driving licence.