The Professional Services Consultant I evaluates client needs, develops configurations that support business processes. Assists external clients in the implementation of technical systems, software, hardware or solutions. Being a Professional Services Consultant I tests and troubleshoots final system setups. Defines and executes on delivery and implementation plans. In addition, Professional Services Consultant I provides training and end-user support during and after the implementation process. May be involved in pre-sales product demonstrations or provide assistance in scoping projects or developing proposals. Requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to a manager. Being a Professional Services Consultant I works on projects/matters of limited complexity in a support role. Work is closely managed. Working as a Professional Services Consultant I typically requires 0-2 years of related experience.
Professional Services Consultant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Professional Services Consultant to join our team.
- Provide online and WebEx solution demonstrations/training;
- Responsible for installing and training end users about Accuity products at various client locations;
- Complete appropriate documentation to update technical and non technical stakeholders;
- Travelling to other offices and customer sites as required – nationwide;
- Provide technical support for Accuity clients during installation and testing phases;
- Provide technical expertise in customer facing environments;
- Participate in post-sales design workshops to create detailed design and method statements for solution delivery;
- Transition technologies into operations environment via structured process;
- Deliver project streams within complex, multivendor deployments;
- Supporting the sales cycle by supporting presales at the appropriate point to build a scope of work and effort analysis;
- Responsible for customising technology solutions to client requirements;
- Use appropriate software tools to diagnose proper resolution of customer questions and problems.
- Proven experience using and deploying software in either a production or support environment is essential;
- A certification in Checkpoint would be preferable;
- Ability to travel internationally up to 50%
- Experience with anti-money laundering (AML) regulations is desirable;
- Ability to meet deadlines while working under pressure;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Financial services experience (desirable);
- Proven ability to work independently;
- Strong client focused approach to work;
- Experience working with various web technologies (Tomcat, Java, and WebSphere);
- Experience with at least two of the following: Checkpoint, Fortinet, Symantec, Palo Alto, Pulse Secure Cisco ASA/Firepower or F5.