Project Controls Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Project Controls Engineer to join our team.
- Change management;
- Use the document control system to optimise distribution of information;
- Resource planning and management;
- Earned Value Management;
- Establish and work to maintain robust open and honest reporting with all parties to ensure project meets targets;
- Risk and Opportunity management;
- Project reporting – to the client and company;
- Schedule development and management;
- Generate cash flow profiles in conjunction with commercial team and monitor;
- Be client focused and aware of the client’s priorities and develop into the plans. Cascade a positive approach to meeting these down through the team;
- Work with the supply chain to establish effective relationships and ensure continuous improvement in delivering programme and productivity;
- Work with the commercial team to ensure that the EVA and cost systems correlate and that the combined monthly reporting is accurate;
- ensure that client reporting requirements are always met;
- Cost Management;
- Have knowledge of conditions of contract, and ensure that project timescales are achieved.
- Knowledge of the Engineering and Construction Industry;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint including SharePoint Lists;
- Thorough understanding of EVM terminology and practice;
- High degree of proficiency in P6 Planning and Control Software, (including aspects of budgets and resources);
- An ability to effectively interpret data and provide input on business process improvement;
- Experience using d ata visualisation tool Microsoft Power BI, creating meaningful graphs and dashboards;
- Competent IT skills including MS Excel and the ability to use this to manipulate data and produce data gathering templates.