The Project Control Manager I has overall responsibility for managing scope, cost, schedule, internal staffing and outside vendors, and contractual deliverable. Manages and oversees all aspects of a project to ensure it is completed on-time and within budget. Being a Project Control Manager I typically requires a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent. Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of project. In addition, Project Control Manager I typically reports to a manager. May require certification in Project Management. Being a Project Control Manager I works on projects/matters of limited complexity in a support role. Work is closely managed. Working as a Project Control Manager I typically requires 0-2 years of related experience.
Project Controls Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Project Controls Manager to join our team.
- Analysing and comparing both schedule and cost information and relating conclusions such that management control action is alerted at the right time;
- Cost Management;
- Co-ordination of Project Level Reporting (eg CSR, Project Performance & Customer Reporting);
- Project Schedule – generation, maintenance & status update;
- Providing feedback on key project issues to Department Management team on a timely basis;
- Ensuring the maintenance of both time and cost trend performance indicators and statistics;
- Lead technical / programme presentations and negotiations with clients, partners and suppliers;
- Schedule development and management;
- Studying and understanding all relevant project documents and conditions;
- Project reporting – to the client and company;
- Development and production of reports on progress, critical paths, resources and earned value and schedule risks and issues;
- Liaise and assist with internal and external stakeholders;
- Support ad-hoc duties that will be consistent with the nature of a Project Controls Manager position within MADG;
- Project Change Management (including maintenance of the Project Performance Measurement Baseline);
- Managing Project Control Engineer(s) and other staff as appropriate.
- Ensure coordination within the Project / Programme Controls functions,
- Review and approval of all technical output, measures, metrics and recommendations from the Project Controls team,
- Responsibility for completeness, suitability and accuracy of data used and presented in all reports;
- Development of project specific processes and procedures and application of good practice,
- Review and oversight of appropriate checks to ensure all data used by the project is complete, suitable and accurate, and;
- Development of project specific Project / Programme Controls Execution Plan to achieve the contract requirements,