Property Claims Handler Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Property Claims Handler to join our team.
- Chase up loss adjusters for settlement of the claim and advise management of next steps for each file;
- Submit repair schedules to insurers, recommend a reserve and notify of any alternative accommodation requirements;
- Make changes to the scope of works agreed on site and submit for approval;
- Arrange for insurers to appoint loss adjusters and arrange a meeting with the company’s surveyor at the client’s property;
- Raise invoices to insurers for interim payments, track and monitor payment requests and chase the payments where needed;
- Liaise with clients to keep them informed of the progress of their claim and of meetings arranged.
- General knowledge of how building repair jobs are carried out;
- Knowledge of property insurance claims;
- Excellent customer service and communication skills – written and by phone;
- Organised, methodical, hard-working and able to multitask;
- Ability to effectively solve problems, negotiate and think on his/her feet.