Purchasing Co-Ordinator Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Purchasing Co-Ordinator to join our team.
- Manage and maintain the company’s raw materials records to ensure accuracy;
- Responsible for a large volume of purchase orders so a background in a fast-paced environment is preferred;
- Ensure Purchase Orders are raised correctly, using the approved supplier database and by pricing agreements in place;
- Implement improvement processes to reduce inventory, minimise cost and maximise working capital;
- Shipping: liaising with shipping on freight, deliveries, cargo receipts, Bill of Lading, Airway Bill, proof of delivery;
- Work effectively and efficiently with cross-functional teams, including those from NPD, Technical, Operations, Warehouse, Sales and Production;
- Invoicing. Bills of Materials. Forecasting;
- Ensure that the artwork process is adhered to, progress and approve artworks with customers and suppliers as required;
- Track and monitor Supplier performance to include maintenance of all approved supplier records & documentation;
- Work closely with the Purchase Ledger Administrator to resolve any anomalies;
- Generate weekly reports and provide one off reports as required;
- Liaising with customers on delivery schedules, packaging conditions, labelling and pricing;
- Completing pre-shipment check lists: reducing or extending payment terms.
- Attention to detail;
- IT skills, Navision, Office (Excel to medium / high standard), Email and Internet;
- Ability to self-manage;
- Knowledge of Import/Export shipping and documentation an advantage;
- Hands on and flexible attitude;
- Previous experience in a similar role. Knowledge of Purchasing processes, including negotiation.