Reinsurance Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Reinsurance Manager to join our team.
- Liaise with the Planning and Performance Review (PPR) in the business planning process;
- Responsibility for the collation of all placing information;
- Maintain set of reinsurance purchasing procedures;
- Represent Reinsurance Purchasing area at Financial Risk Committee (FRC);
- Liaise with FRC to ensure all FRC reinsurance requirements are met in respect of reinsurance security;
- Manage reinsurer/broker relationships;
- Responsibility for all internal and external reinsurance reporting and returns;
- Lead negotiations with outwards brokers/reinsurers;
- Day to day management of reinsurance team;
- Ensure Reinsurance claims department have full knowledge of and are utilising the RI programme. Review all initial recoveries to any cover;
- Manage broker appointments and broker remuneration in liaison with CEO;
- In liaison with the CEO recommend to the board the reinsurance strategy for the syndicate;
- In liaison with the CEO agree the structure and limitations of the reinsurance programme for the syndicate;
- Ensure facultative purchasing procedures are being adhered to;
- Monitor the erosion of the Reinsurance programme and purchase additional cover as appropriate in liaison with the HRP.
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines;
- String IT literacy;
- Experience managing, structuring and purchasing reinsurance programmes;
- Communication and influencing skills;
- Data analysis and interpretation;
- Strong reinsurance technical knowledge.