Assist social scientists in laboratory, survey, and other social science research. May help prepare findings for publication and assist in laboratory analysis, quality control, or data management.
Research Assistant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Research Assistant to join our team.
- Develop a training set of complex natural scenes from an existing dataset of 3D rendered real world objects;
- Creatively contributing to the development of studies, including preparing paper-and-pencil, computerised and online materials;
- Pilot and complete a crime survey with Gypsies and Travellers throughout the region;
- Engage with regional Gypsy and Traveller organisations and build relations with them in order to deliver the research;
- Analyse crime survey data using SPSS;
- Disseminate initial research findings and contribute to report/article writing;
- Develop and train a deep learning model of scene segmentation;
- Working with others in the CBU to develop skills for writing computerised tasks and online assessments and managing remote data collection;
- Develop and make use of a test set of complex scenes to assess model performance;
- Working with clinical colleagues, database managers, charities and local groups to recruit relevant participants into studies;
- Attend meetings for the project with funders and project partners;
- Contributing to data analysis and write-up of results for journal articles, books, conferences and public engagement activities;
- Contributing to grant and ethics applications to support the work.
- Master’s degree in cell biology, molecular biology or similar;
- Proven skills in project management, including management of budgets;
- Practical experience in mammalian tissue culture;
- At least 1 year of R&D based laboratory experience;
- Experience of questionnaire construction and analysis;
- Experience of cell culture;
- Practical experience in Flow Cytometry;
- Experience of running cell based assays;
- Experience in Immune Cell functional assays is preferred.