Sales Analyst I prepares sales forecasts and collects and analyzes data to evaluate current sales goals. Researches and evaluates current economic conditions that may affect the organization’s ability to sell its products or services in the marketplace. Being a Sales Analyst I assists in the development of sales quotas and forecasts for the sales team. Recommends changes to current sales techniques, procedures or promotional efforts based on market research and new trends. Additionally, Sales Analyst I requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. To be a Sales Analyst I typically requires 0-2 years of related experience. Works on projects/matters of limited complexity in a support role. Work is closely managed.
Sales Analyst Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Sales Analyst to join our team.
- Maintain weekly trackers to show customer EPOS data;
- Analytic reports for profit improvement;
- Work closing with the UK Demand Planning Manager and assist in ad hoc projects;
- Attend team meetings/product reviews when required;
- Create new line forms, deal with admin queries, business reviews, sales queries/requests, create adhoc reports when required;
- Monitor and maintain critical launch tracker through liaising with Key Accounts, Marketing and National Account Managers;
- Calculate and analyse margin data;
- Inputting of EPOS data received form customers portals/emails into relevant trackers;
- Work closely with Account Managers;
- Support various profit analysis, by products, customers, periodic changes;
- Inter-company reconciliations;
- Incentive invoices validation before settlement;
- Support operational accounting function;
- Incentive and Bonus calculation for different sales channels;
- Deal with adhoc customer material requests as advised by Account Manager.
- Be comfortable dealing with ambiguity and able to simplify complexity;
- Adopt a flexible attitude, being able to digest multiple requests;
- Have a track record of working collaboratively and motivating those around them;
- Be a crisp and influential communicator;
- Have an ability to drive results, manage time and prioritise effectively;
- Previous Sales Analyst experience;
- Able to work in a fast paced environment;
- Proficiency in English;
- Advanced Excel Skills (VLOOKUP, SUMIF etc.), PowerPoint, Word;
- Can use own initiative;
- Aptitude in delivering attractive presentations;
- Able to work independently;
- Fast learning speed and a passion for sales;
- Good communication skills;
- Thorough understanding of marketing and negotiating techniques.