The Senior Financial Accountant ensures the accuracy of entries to ledger accounts and reconciles subsidiary ledger accounts to the general ledger. Maintains financial records and ensures that financial transactions are properly recorded. Being a Senior Financial Accountant analyzes current costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses. Prepares complex balance sheets, profit and loss statements and other financial reports. In addition, Senior Financial Accountant may supervise and guide lower-level accountants. Requires a bachelor’s degree. May require CPA certification. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Being a Senior Financial Accountant contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature. Working as a Senior Financial Accountant typically requires 4 to 7 years of related experience.
Senior Financial Accountant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Financial Accountant to join our team.
- Close of general ledger in accordance with month end timescale;
- Work with finance teams to streamline and standardise month-end processes;
- Monthly variance analysis on cost vs. plan;
- Review of routine revenue, COS, overhead journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations prepared by other team and group finance members;
- Perform reconciliations and post journal entries to ensure all transactions are recorded accurately;
- Review of carrying values for investments & goodwill;
- Cash-flow forecasting around fundraising and acquisition activities;
- Produce VAT reconciliations;
- Partnering across the business to ensure the impact of any accounting changes;
- Review of all work submitted by Financial Reporting team;
- Reviewing, developing and maintaining appropriate accounting policies and processes ensuring compliance with governing accounting standards;
- Ensure international subsidiary compliance to group accounting policies;
- Prepare& submit VAT, EC Sales and Intrastat Returns (UK, France & Germany);
- Improve processes view a view to improving efficiencies and control;
- Daily management of the organisation’s cashflow, ensure requirements are met.
- Experience working in an international company;
- Media or TV experience ideal;
- Responsible for team member training and performance management;
- Using a range of finance/MI systems;
- Preparation of Financial Statements;
- Experience of working within a tight month end close schedule;
- ACA Qualified Accountant;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Review of daily cash flow reporting and preparation of weekly cash flow reporting to submit to Group Treasury;
- Ensuring on time correct submissions to UK and European Government entities;
- Strong analytical skills and comfortable working to regular deadlines;
- Provide leadership, coaching and guidance to team members;
- Review and approval of month end bank reconciliations for the EMEA region;
- Degree in Accounting or Business;
- Experience of high volume, complex reconciliations.