The Senior Financial Reporting Accountant collects and analyzes financial data, ensuring that all reporting is in compliance with SEC and GAAP reporting guidelines. Prepares periodic financial statements required for external reporting. Being a Senior Financial Reporting Accountant prepares internal reports as required. Consolidates entries and accounts to be utilized in financial statements. In addition, Senior Financial Reporting Accountant researches accounting rules and regulations and makes recommendations regarding company policy. May provide support and assistance to external auditors. Requires a bachelor’s degree of Accounting or Finance. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Being a Senior Financial Reporting Accountant contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature. Working as a Senior Financial Reporting Accountant typically requires 4 to 7 years of related experience.
Senior Financial Reporting Accountant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Financial Reporting Accountant to join our team.
- Demonstrated experience working within a team to deliver against stretch targets;
- Uses a range of data and information sources to perform analysis and produce management reports;
- Understands the principles of effective financial systems;
- Understands and applies relevant accounting principles, IFRS, policies, and processes;
- Operational experience in the mining industry or similar would be advantageous;
- In charge of financial reporting, month-end closing, general accounting and tax processes;
- Educated to degree level with relevant accounting qualification (i.e. Chartered Accountant or equivalent);
- Will be reviewing when required reconciliations and keep on top of data paperwork;
- Experience with analysis and technical accounting matters;
- Prepare reports / analyses in relation to statutory accounts on be involved to the critical review of existing process;
- Experience of using Hyperion Financial Management and Financial Data Quality Management would be advantageous;
- Extensive experience of working on a group consolidation and interim and year-end reporting;
- Demonstrates a good understanding of project management tools and their application.
- Experience in indirect tax would be prefered;
- Ideally to have SOX experience;
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified;
- Strong communication skills and experience of building relationships.