The Shipping Coordinator works with transportation department or vendors to ensure timely inbound and outbound deliveries. Documents and processes the order shipment. Being a Shipping Coordinator typically requires a high school diploma or its equivalent. Investigates and recommends corrective actions for all non-conformance. In addition, Shipping Coordinator typically reports to a supervisor. Being a Shipping Coordinator works under moderate supervision. Gains or has attained full proficiency in a specific area of discipline. Working as a Shipping Coordinator typically requires 1-3 years of related experience, or may need 0 years of experience with additional specialized training and/or certification.
Shipping Coordinator Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Shipping Coordinator to join our team.
- Organising, arranging, checking stock and replenishing of all stores locations on a regular basis;
- Final packing of product and collation of associated shipping documents per batch;
- Working from lists provided determine which product needs to be shipped, stocked, or split between the two;
- Formally booking out of stock to employees and recording stock usage;
- Inspection of Non critical items at Goods in booking Process;
- Creation of on line Air Way Bills;
- Co-ordinating the logistics of outsourced work, arranging collections and deliveries;
- Pre-shipment ‘works order’ and release document checks;
- Creation of Export Invoices using word or similar.
- Excellent organization and communication skills;
- Must pass drug screen;
- Good working knowledge of all Microsoft applications;
- Fantastic organisational and administration skills;
- Experience in managing client accounts;
- Attention to detail;
- Solid knowledge of logistics procedures;
- Able to operate a forklift safely;
- Previous shipping experience;
- High school diploma;
- Must pass background check;
- 18+ years old;
- Can lift 25+ lbs;
- Able to lift 45 pounds;
- Good customer service.