The Software Development Manager directs the work of engineers to ensure the best practices around software development. Manages and oversees the design and development of software applications. Being a Software Development Manager typically reports to a senior manager. Requires a bachelor’s degree. The Software Development Manager manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. Extensive knowledge of department processes. Working as a Software Development Manager typically requires 5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. 1 to 3 years supervisory experience may be required.
Software Development Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Software Development Manager to join our team.
- Responsible for the performance, reliability and security of all applications under your supervision;
- Manage the team’s workflow in an Agile environment to deploy in shorter development cycles;
- Build relationships to enable communication, engagement and alignment with business and IT functions;
- Supporting preparation of Technology Roadmap;
- Perform training needs analysis for the specialist applications for which the post holder provides 2nd line support;
- Suggest and implement improvements to services within the team;
- Write proposals for projects and then manage their delivery on time and to budget;
- Develop strategy recommendations for the overall Development group and influence and discuss with the Head Resource Pool;
- Work closely with the Principal Developers to ensure the best technical decisions are taken;
- Develop training materials, presentations, screen shots, manuals etc;
- Coordinate release and sprint planning activities across multiple product workstreams;
- Presenting practical input for strategic technology decisions;
- Deliver training in 1-to-1 or group settings as necessary;
- Ensure that training and personal development plan of software engineering team are followed;
- Collaborate with various project, operations and account management teams.
- Experience of mobile applications development, embedded systems or embedded software;
- Strong management and leadership background;
- Degree in Computer Science or related field;
- Other software development qualifications (desirable);
- Experience with Web Services and REST;
- Comfortable within an Agile Environment;
- Foundation knowledge of Azure and Cloud Services;
- Exposure to C#, .NET, SQL;
- 2+ Years experience with Angular Front End Development.