Storekeeper works in a small stockroom. Maintains receipts, records, and withdrawals. Being a Storekeeper checks materials and supplies and reports when stock is low. Receives and unpacks materials and supplies. Additionally, Storekeeper reports damages and discrepancies for accounting, reimbursement and record-keeping purposes. Requires a high school diploma or equivalent. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. To be a Storekeeper typically requires 1-3 years of related experience. May be entry level if some experience in the skill. Gains or has attained full proficiency in a specific area of discipline. Works under moderate supervision.
Storekeeper Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Storekeeper to join our team.
- Ensure all warranty and surcharge items are processed in line with Company’s procedures;
- Accurate recording of all materials parts from stores to vehicles, alongside monitoring daily spend against daily budget;
- Full compliance with all Health and Safety Regulations;
- Assist in monitoring the inventory received, issued, spoilage, breakage, and transfers;
- Adhere to the cleaning schedules in place for assigned area;
- In coordination with Hotel Controller initiates activities for cleaning organizing and proper maintaining of the food and beverage storing areas;
- Attend meetings as requested by the Hotel Controller;
- Conduct monthly inventories and handles variances according to the SOP;
- Ensure that all food and beverage products are stored in the appropriate room according to product type and temperature;
- Ensuring accurate stock records are maintained;
- Is present during any Agriculture and Public Health Inspections in all ports as requested;
- Management and control of stock items, consumables and non-stock items;
- Ensure that stock rotation is managed in accordance with the FIFO system;
- Maintain accurate inventory levels in assigned storerooms.
- Storekeeping skills;
- Experience with 6Sigma 5S processes;
- Valid Seafarers Medical;
- Inventory/Warehouse management;
- STCW 4th Part Basic Training;
- Ability to interact with all members of the team and possible customer interface;
- STCW CPSC;
- Inventory/warehouse management – setting up and coordination of materials within stores;
- Valid D1 reach truck training certification;
- Must pass a security background check;
- Senior High School Graduate;
- Forklift driving qualification an advantage (though training can be provided);
- Latest experience must be within the past 2 years;
- Forklift experience with in-date certification;
- Forklift experience.