The Director of Supply Chain evaluates past performance data to forecast needs and production scheduling. Directs an organization’s overall supply chain operations, including purchasing and inventory of raw materials, selection of vendors, and distribution of finished goods. Being a Director of Supply Chain typically requires a bachelor’s degree. Develops strategic plans to improve productivity, quality, and efficiency of operations. In addition, Director of Supply Chain typically reports to top management. The Director of Supply Chain manages a departmental sub-function within a broader departmental function. Creates functional strategies and specific objectives for the sub-function and develops budgets/policies/procedures to support the functional infrastructure. Deep knowledge of the managed sub-function and solid knowledge of the overall departmental function. Working as a Director of Supply Chain typically requires 5+ years of managerial experience.
Supply Chain Director Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Supply Chain Director to join our team.
- Managing the 3PL relationship Inc. distribution, warehousing, exports etc;
- Lead a team of 50+ across the Supply Chain and Logistics function, ensuring strong succession planning and talent pipeline;
- Demand Planning – working closely to support the UK commercial teams as well as active partnering with the major customers (short-term and long-term);
- Supply Planning Inc. production planning/manufacturing capacity and finished goods;
- S&OP – consolidate supply and demand planning and own the S&OP process (this is in it’s infancy and requires further embedding across business ).
- Supply Chain;
- Demand Planning;
- Supply Planning.