Supply Chain Manager oversees and manages overall supply chain and logistics operations to maximize efficiency and minimize cost of organization’s supply chain. Collaborate with multiple-functional managers to plan and execute on the development of a distribution center operational process to enable seamless transfers. Being a Supply Chain Manager manages and monitors vendor’s qualification and performance to ensure they meet company’s requirements. Typically requires a bachelor’s degree. Additionally, Supply Chain Manager typically reports to a senior manager. The Supply Chain Manager manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. Extensive knowledge of department processes. To be a Supply Chain Manager typically requires 5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. 1 to 3 years supervisory experience may be required.
Supply Chain Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Supply Chain Manager to join our team.
- Work closely with fillers to schedule free issued components and bulk;
- Manage the end to end supply chain;
- Key stakeholder relationship management particularly with the production facilities to deliver customer centric & cost effective supply;
- Managing and developing a supply chain team;
- Monthly sales reporting review with Buyer to review category/brand performance;
- Direct international Suppliers;
- Undertaking a supply chain review of the full suite of proposal documents;
- Provide commercial management of contracts during execution;
- Ensuring consistent lead times and improved OTIF;
- Providing commercial management for the delivery of close out;
- Control interaction between business and suppliers;
- Lead and develop a team of Logistics professionals to deliver effectively on plan;
- Following up on any outstanding orders with suppliers for ETA;
- Meet with when necessary, suppliers, transport suppliers and freight forwarders;
- Collaborate with Sales, Factory Operations, and other key stakeholders.
- Educated to degree level in an engineering or scientific discipline;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence key stakeholders and present at board level;
- Track record managing and leading a multi-functional team through change;
- Exceptional numeric skills, with an ability to manipulate data using MS Excel;
- Previous responsibility for production planning- both capacity and scheduling;
- Ability to organize and manage workload;
- Enthusiastic and flexible;
- Flexible approach to travel;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to communicate clearly & effectively both orally & in written form;
- Capable of managing own workload and prioritising accordingly;
- Excellent PC skills, including MS office and Excel (intermediate to advanced);
- Well organised and able to work well under pressure;
- Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations.