Tax Accountant I assists in the maintenance and preparation of tax-related items to include tax records, tax returns, tax schedules, and related tax reports. Helps with the preparation of local, state and federal level returns to be submitted within specified tax deadlines. Being a Tax Accountant I may require a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to a supervisor or a manager. The Tax Accountant I works on projects/matters of limited complexity in a support role. Work is closely managed. To be a Tax Accountant I typically requires 0-2 years of related experience.
Tax Accountant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Tax Accountant to join our team.
- You will manage a team of juniors helping to develop and support them in their careers;
- Preparing and reviewing tax disclosures for UK statutory accounts;
- Dealing with all HMRC queries;
- Given the growth in the business in the firm, excellent prospects are on offer to develop in this leading firm towards management and beyond;
- Preparation, reconciliation and review of tax schedules, calculations and disclosure notes for year-end Group reporting;
- The refinement of process, procedures and systems to continuously improve the efficiency of tax accounting activities;
- Awareness of the Finance business plan to appropriately align service delivery and to inform involvement in team business planning;
- Assist with balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis;
- Undertake tax planning to minimise tax risk and cost in the UK and overseas;
- Assist in liaison with tax authorities to handle disputes, tax recovery and audit resolution;
- Review of CT600s, CT61s for PAIFS and VAT Returns for submission to HM Revenue & Customs;
- Advise on tax matters relating to operations, service companies and special purpose entities ensuring high quality advice and guidance is given;
- Involvement in ad hoc projects to provide taxation input;
- Showing an interest in taxation and be pro-active in staying on top of new VAT and Customs developments;
- Review and advise on international subsidiary tax submissions.
- Attention to detail;
- At least ATT qualified with desire to obtain CTA qualification;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- High level of numeracy and literacy;
- Qualified Accountant, preferably ACA or equivalent;
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills;
- Effective time management skills with the ability to manage priorities to meet strict deadlines;
- Strong tax accounting skills and experience.