Tax Manager is responsible for managing the tax accounting staff and the tax planning, reporting, and compliance functions. Oversees the preparation of all tax filings and reporting in compliance with all required regulations. Being a Tax Manager evaluates the tax implications of company activities and develops strategies to minimize the tax obligations. Advises management on future changes to tax regulations and possible impact to the organization. Additionally, Tax Manager may manage and direct relationships with vendors and advisors. Requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to Tax Director or Top Tax Executive. The Tax Manager typically manages through subordinate managers and professionals in larger groups of moderate complexity. Provides input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility. May give input into developing the budget. To be a Tax Manager typically requires 3+ years of managerial experience. Capable of resolving escalated issues arising from operations and requiring coordination with other departments.
Tax Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Tax Manager to join our team.
- Advising clients on succession and remuneration planning;
- Reviewing tax returns;
- Performing an advisory role across a range of taxes;
- Seize opportunities to gain new business from new and existing clients by building good working relationships and offering sound financial advice;
- Providing UK & international technical tax advice on which strategic project implementation decisions are based;
- Identify cross selling opportunities to partner through networking;
- Providing technical advice to clients on a broad range of issues, focusing on income tax, capital gains and inheritance tax planning,
- Preparation and review of benefits in Kind forms P11D & P11D (b);
- Corporate Tax;
- Research and analysis on any changes to international and UK based Tax law and then looking at best practice in terms of implementation;
- Contributing to winning new client work;
- Preparing calculations to support advice;
- Personal and Corporation Tax returns;
- Identify process and efficiency improvement opportunities including but not limited to use of technology for data collection and analysis/reporting;
- Provide day to day advice to the business.
- 2-5 years PQE (ACA/ACCA/CTA Equivalent);
- Preparing the Group’s annual Country By Country Report submission and maintaining the Group’s transfer pricing documentation;
- Maintains high professional standards of conduct and practice;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Qualified Accountant with around 2 years post qualified experience;
- Ability to supervise and develop team members;
- Working knowledge of the UK R&D tax credit system would be useful;
- Strong delivery skills and ability to work effectively to deadlines;
- Some experience of US tax would be useful, although not essential;
- ‘Hands on’ approach with an ability to work independently / to adapt to change quickly;
- Preparing and submitting the UK corporation tax returns of the Group’s UK companies as well as subsequent liaison with HMRC in order to agree them;
- Previous experience of overseeing junior team members;
- Ideally you will be ATT qualified and/or CTA qualifies with substantial relevant experience in tax roles in practice;
- Experience of delivering a wide range of private client tax planning advice;
- Manage workload of team and provide feedback on performance.