Prepare tax returns for individuals or small businesses.
Tax Specialist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Tax Specialist to join our team.
- Processing and analysing Capital Gains and Income Tax;
- Supporting BAU tasks such as import tax returns and Capital Gains Tax manual reports, as well as specialised project work;
- Providing UK & international technical tax advice on which strategic project implementation decisions are based;
- Identification and implementation of process improvements for the provision of data and other matters as they arise;
- Assistance with direct tax audits in the EMEA region;
- Providing the timely completion of direct and indirect tax General Ledger account reconciliations;
- Assisting with provision of information to meet all transfer pricing related documentation requirements;
- Processing journals and payment requests for all EMEA direct taxes, working with other teams within the EMEA Regional Hub and Verizon internationally.
- Working knowledge of income and capital gains tax rules;
- Technical knowledge and experience working in Tax;
- Practical knowledge of investment types and investment management;
- Association of Tax Technicians (ATT) and Investment Operations Certificate (IOC) or equivalent;
- Working knowledge of CGT calculation tools and systems (e.g. CGIX, CGCalc) is preferable.