Technical Accountant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Technical Accountant to join our team.
- Review processes, identifying, implementing and embedding improvements, working collaboratively with relevant stakeholders;
- Suggest improvements to the accounting for assets and liabilities;
- Support preparation of the draft financial statements on new accounting policies;
- Make effective use of resources in order to ensure that all activities are completed to time, cost and quality targets;
- Advising and guiding non-finance colleagues on financial policy and standards;
- Support senior finance leaders to deliver results on time, to required quality standards and cost;
- Provide reports and recommendations specifically on the impact of IFRS 16 on the entity’s Annual Report and Accounts;
- Support preparation of specific sections of the Annual Report and Accounts and associated disclosures;
- Support the Natural England accounts team with analysis of asset and lease data in relation to the adoption of IFRS 16 in 20/21;
- Develop a plan to meet the requirements of the National Audit Office at interim and final audit;
- Establish and maintain good relationships with a wide range of stakeholders to provide a comprehensive finance service.
- 37 hours per week – Mon to Fri – between 08:00 and 18:00;
- Three-month initial assignment;
- Northampton, Northamptonshire (NN1).