Trainee Underwriter Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Trainee Underwriter to join our team.
- Deal with new enquiries, queries via telephone and written;
- Assisting with daily underwriting and processing of commercial and residential risks;
- Understand internal and external client needs and work within a team to meet these;
- Input, update and maintain data to ensure systems are up to date and accurate;
- Reviewing, summarising files and gathering information;
- Being proactive and working efficiently to achieve deadlines;
- Ensuring policy wording is correct, demonstrating in depth policy knowledge;
- Undertaking legal research, project and other reasonable duties;
- Confidently discussing with internal and external clients;
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationship with client and maintain high levels of service.
- Keen interest to become an underwriter;
- Willingness to provide help and support to other team members;
- Demonstrating a ‘can-do’ attitude, enthusiasm and strong work ethic;
- Strong organisational and analytical skills;
- Remain positive when under pressure and ability to deal with stress;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to liaise with business partners at all levels;
- Strong Graduate (minimum 2:1);
- Ability to develop business relationships;
- The ability to prioritise your workload often within tight deadlines whilst still maintaining a high attention to detail.