Vendor Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Vendor Manager to join our team.
- Building relationships with suppliers to ensure control of services delivered, resolving performance issues and maintaining all H&S data;
- Provide analytical support for Vendor Management and Operations;
- Identify areas of improvement and work with local team and National contracts Manager to implement;
- Management of Strategic and Important suppliers, including chairing meetings and owning action plans and auditing where required;
- Reviewing suppliers monthly invoices including a large amount of backing data to ensure accuracy and releasing payment;
- Act as an escalation point for the delivery of contracted obligations;
- Assure project delivery through the effective management of responsible vendors;
- Collaborating with Procurement Analysts to ensure efficient onboarding of suppliers;
- Take responsibility for ensuring effective and timely communication back to key stakeholders;
- Ensure yearly & bench marking review are scheduled and documented;
- Provide support to the Supplier Relationship Managers to ensure a consistent approach to Supplier Management;
- Manage and run Request For Proposal (RFP) and Request For Information (RFI) sourcing and onboarding processes;
- Develop effective partnerships with relevant vendor contacts and Business Partners to identify and implement additional value;
- Define and implement a standard vendor operating model to ensure consistent reporting of KPI’s for Regulatory and Compliance purposes;
- Ensure all supplier governance is in place with new and existing vendors.
- Experience handling supplier escalations and seeing them through to resolution;
- Knowledge of robust supplier onboarding processes;
- Share best practice and guide the wider UKCloud supplier relationship owners on effective management and engagement with suppliers;
- Technically knowledgeable to a sufficient level to negotiate with and hold to account suppliers of complex IT services, solutions, and hardware;
- Ability to deal confidently with suppliers who supply any or all of hardware, software, or services;
- Previous experience of operating as a supplier manager within the technology industry;
- Senior manager with experience leading change both internally and across a supplier base.