Community Support Worker Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Community Support Worker to join our team.
- To assist/enable Service Users with personal care – washing, bathing, personal hygiene, dressing, toileting and continence care;
- To assist/enable Service Users with meal preparation;
- To assist Service Users with light domestics associated with the previous responsibilities, such as washing up, bed making and laundry;
- To assist/enable Service Users to comply with their prescribed medication and to maintain records as required;
- Assist with getting up and ready for the day to include all aspects of personal care;
- Provide emotional support to the family as part of a caring team;
- Ensure any safeguarding concerns are reported in line with organisational guidelines;
- Preparing and cooking meals;
- Respond appropriately to complaints and concerns from families ensuring the care management team are advised in line with organisational guidelines;
- Monitor customers health and wellbeing alerting the relevant bodies should there be any change that could create a safeguarding issue;
- Be fully aware of any issues that may affect customer wellbeing e.g. homeless, domestic abuse, financial , drug and or alcohol addiction;
- Work in partnership with external agencies for the better of our customers;
- Ensure care plans are implemented and updated in line with client needs;
- Provide unpaid family carers with a respite break from their caring role;
- Escort clients to attend social clubs and trips out that promote their wellbeing and keeps them connected with their local community.
- DBS cost fully refunded;
- Continuous training and development.