Social Work Assistant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Social Work Assistant to join our team.
- Undertaking direction work with children;
- To arrange and supervise children in care to see their parents (contact) to meet requirements of the child;
- To maintain case records accurately and in line with your role prepare any relevant documentation as required;
- To provide of assist the provision of services to meet and assist users in respect of welfare right as appropriate;
- Transport children and families to medical examinations and appointments where necessary;
- To work under the supervision of experience social workers in making enquiries of alleged neglect, abuse or ill treatment of children;
- To undertake family work relating to preventative work, offering guidance and support.
- Educated to A Level or NVQ Level 3;
- Experience undertaking assessments;
- Experience of working in a team;
- Basic understanding and legislation of current issues in Children’s social Care;
- Understanding of confidentiality;
- Full UK Driving Licence and use of a car;
- Committed to improvement;
- Experience report writing and record keeping;
- Experience working with children, young people and families from a diverse range of backgrounds with a diverse range of needs.