1st Line Technician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a 1st Line Technician to join our team.
- Be responsible for the purchasing of hardware, software and ancillary requirements, in coordination with the Head of IT and the wider support team;
- Build and deploy desktops/laptops according to requirements;
- Maintain the company asset register ensuring that all assets are properly accounted for and that information is up-to-date;
- Provide 1st Line support to end users for all hardware and software related requirements;
- Make extensive use of the IT Support ticketing system and ensuring that records are updated and accurate.
- A good knowledge of Microsoft Office and related applications;
- Experience in providing 1st Line IT support;
- Experience in provisioning desktops/laptops;
- Experience using a support ticketing system;
- Exposure to IT good practice (including software patching, information security and compliance);
- A good knowledge of Microsoft operatings systems (Windows 10, Windows Server 2012 & 2016);
- A willingness to learn and develop your skills in IT support and potentially new technologies;
- Excellent customer service focus;
- Experience of asset management, software asset management.