Big Data Solution Architect Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Big Data Solution Architect to join our team.
- Create and present solution architecture documents with deep technical details;
- Design data analytics solutions by utilising the big data technology stack;
- Lead implementation of the solutions from establishing project requirements and goals to solution “go-live”;
- Create and follow personal education plan in the technology stack and solution architecture;
- Maintain a strong understanding of industry trends and best practices;
- Work closely with business in identifying solution requirements and key case-studies/scenarios for future solutions;
- Conduct solution architecture review/audit, calculate and present ROI;
- Get involved in engaging new clients to further drive EPAM business in the big data space.
- Experience working within a consulting business and pre-sales experience would be highly attractive;
- Knowledge of Agile development methodology, Scrum in particular;
- NoSQL databases: Cassandra/HBase/Accumulo/Kudu;
- Experience delivering data analytics projects and architecture guidelines;
- Strong ‘hands-on’ experience as a Big Data Architect with a solid design/development background with Java, Scala, or Python;
- Experience in direct customer communications and pre-selling business-consulting engagements to clients within large enterprise environments;
- Experience in big data solutions on premises and on the cloud (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud);
- Production project experience in at least one of the big data technologies;
- Batch processing: Hadoop and MapReduce/Spark/Hive.