Analyze science, engineering, business, and other data processing problems to implement and improve computer systems. Analyze user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations. May analyze or recommend commercially available software.
Business Systems Analyst Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Business Systems Analyst to join our team.
- To assist in major IT projects, and to manage the projects where required;
- To provide support and administration on the Movex / M3 ERP system and its ancillary systems;
- These systems include the IBM iSeries, EDI, Streamserve, BACS and archiving software;
- Management of third party support providers;
- Monitor system performance and carry out capacity planning exercises to ensure the reliable operation of company systems;
- Create and maintain project related documents including scope documents and BRD’s;
- Organise and lead project and technical meetings where appropriate;
- Evaluate and recommend solutions for repeat points of failure in system processes/functions to reduce support overhead;
- Define original scope, and manage subsequent changes to scope and ensure correct level of challenge to the business’ requirements;
- Assist the business to produce solutions using existing functionality where requirements cannot be met fully;
- Support the delivery of IT projects, including testing, fixing and setting up master data;
- Define and manage business and systems requirements;
- Evaluate and undertake impact analysis on design options and manage associated risks;
- Serve as a bridge between technical staff and Product Manager;
- Assist with technical specifications for EDI mapping submission.
- Excellent communication skills, including experience of working with business, technical and 3rd party vendor stakeholders;
- Process Analysis and Modelling;
- Ability to quickly identify issues and pro-actively ensure an efficient resolution;
- Experience of working in Agile environments would be preferred;
- Experience of working with development teams and understanding of the full development life cycle;
- Root cause analysis;
- Use case modelling;
- MS SQL Server skills and SSRS experience advantageous;
- Proven experience working as a Systems/Business Analyst within a software delivery environment;
- University Degree or equivalent and / or demonstrated experience in the Drinks or Logistics Industry;
- Proven facilitation skills with the ability to effectively elicit requirements;
- Commitment to achieving things and demonstrates high standards – we are looking for a completer finisher with good attention to detail;
- Proven experience of industry standard analysis techniques, with a proactive approach to requirements elicitation;
- ITIL experience and ideally at least Foundation certified is preferable;
- Keen to learn and develop skills, works with enthusiasm, energy and drive to achieve targets – demonstrates resilience when things don’t go to plan.