Monitor and control electronic computer and peripheral electronic data processing equipment to process business, scientific, engineering, and other data according to operating instructions. Monitor and respond to operating and error messages. May enter commands at a computer terminal and set controls on computer and peripheral devices.
Desktop Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Desktop Engineer to join our team.
- To carry out other tasks as requested by Team Leader;
- Be vigilant for possible security breach;
- Ensure administration is satisfactory and up to date;
- Supporting the configuration management database (CMDB) update and maintenance;
- Installing & supporting software packages;
- Supporting and configuring printers and multi-functional devices;
- Maintain regular calls with scheduler and complete all allocated calls;
- SCCM Administration to a basic level;
- Documenting standard fixes to a good standard;
- Configuration and support of Desktop, Laptop and Tablet Computers;
- To diagnose problems accurately using available resources & technical knowledge;
- Perform Break fix on all desktop equipment;
- Perform IMAC support & Windows support;
- Local Area Networking & equipment throughout the client sites and facilities.
- Active Directory;
- Good understanding of Windows 7/10 operating systems;
- Windows 10 experience (roll out would be advantageous);
- MS Exchange;
- BPSS Clearance is not essential as we can fast track this but beneficial if you already have it;
- Experience with Microsoft applications in particular Office Suite, Visio/Project;
- Good understanding of build documentation;
- EPO/McAfee Encryption;
- Building laptops, Desktop and Workstations;
- Office 2010/2016/365;
- Basic knowledge of Server OS and navigation if needed as eyes and ears for smart hands calls;
- Confident resolving IT issues to users at all levels;
- Well-presented, professional attitude an approach to working;
- Experienced and good understanding of WIN7/10.