Plan, implement, upgrade, or monitor security measures for the protection of computer networks and information. May ensure appropriate security controls are in place that will safeguard digital files and vital electronic infrastructure. May respond to computer security breaches and viruses.
Information Security Specialist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Information Security Specialist to join our team.
- Research and track information about current security threats and potential Vulnerabilities;
- Assist in planning, management and delivery of vulnerability and risk assessment projects;
- Maintenance and management of security systems and devices;
- Monitor and action requests and queries;
- Documenting and updating appropriate information security policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of GDPR and ability to support business related activities (DPIAs, SAR, etc.);
- Assist in the identification, assessment and classification of information assets and lead information security risk and threat assessments;
- Previous ISO 27001 Implementation experience desirable;
- Fluent in English;
- Be team focused;
- Ability to closely integrate and support key stakeholders;
- Initiate and oversee third party assessments ensuring the implementation of third-party security controls;
- Developing excellent relationships with management and end users;
- Provision of Digital Cyber Security support and advice;
- Developing and delivering policies and procedures;
- Detailed knowledge of ISO27001 and relevant legal issues and standards;
- Understanding of information security standards such as OWASP, ISACA, NCSC, NIST, PSN, CSA;
- Detailed knowledge of Cyber Security;
- Excellent expertise and experience in Information Security /Cyber roles including public sector;
- Publicising Information Security and delivering IS training to staff.