Plan, implement, upgrade, or monitor security measures for the protection of computer networks and information. May ensure appropriate security controls are in place that will safeguard digital files and vital electronic infrastructure. May respond to computer security breaches and viruses.
IT Security Analyst Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a IT Security Analyst to join our team.
- Assist with task automation and process improvements.
- Ensure security levels on firewalls, network, infrastructure and servers are defined and maintained;
- Work closely with the IT Director to ensure we drive forward our GDPR activities;
- Assist in Infrastructure and Security projects both internally and with our suppliers;
- Assist in the selection key suppliers involved the delivery of Security services;
- Ideally CISSP (or equivalent) qualified;
- Work with our business change team to identify new technologies and innovation so we can examine and review new security techniques;
- Manage and mitigate any security incident that may occur, in line with our corporate incident response plan;
- Ensure PCI-DSS Audits are carried out on an annual basis and ensure any remediation is put in place;
- Support and monitor the IT Security layer ensuring compliance to external standards and frameworks;
- Support the IT projects function to ensure that new solutions are fit for purpose and meet infrastructure and security design standards;
- Agree, document and communicate the Security Road Map and Strategy to all stakeholders and key partners;
- Ensure security testing is carried out across the estate as required.