Mechanical Engineer – Product Design Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Mechanical Engineer – Product Design to join our team.
- Design validation/verification tests, as well as apply root-cause analysis methods to troubleshoot product prototypes and engineering builds;
- Work with the commercial team to make the best engineering decision based on customer feedback;
- Conceptualize, develop, test and validate accessories new products with target user groups;
- Initiate and maintain clear communication with our suppliers in Europe and Overseas;
- Get up to speed and check into our current production line and translate learning into clear product requirements;
- Design and test components for mass-manufacture (including material selection), whilst balancing cost and functional requirements;
- Oversee the product development plan – estimate and review the stage-by-stage process.
- Degree-level qualification in a Design Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Product Design with basic learning in physical principles;
- Experience applying GD&T in a ‘function-first’ approach. You detest slapping on tolerances left, right and centre;
- Well-versed in tolerance stack analysis and appreciation for how that translates to production QA/QC procedures;
- 3D CAD modelling and drafting – we work on Solidworks;
- Self-sufficient, independent and able to plan your own day to day work based on technical and commercial needs;
- Appreciate and understand the make-or-break importance of communication between disciplines – business, marketing, product, sales and engineering;
- You know where you excel but are not shy to ask for a helping hand.