Research Software Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Research Software Engineer to join our team.
- You will collaborate with diverse teams of scientists and engineers to build advanced software systems;
- You will design minimum viable products using cutting edge and sometimes brittle computer vision and machine learning algorithms.
- Demonstrated ability to architect flexible and extensible software systems;
- Demonstrated ability to scope and build minimum viable products (MVP);
- Experience of working collaboratively and presenting and sharing ideas;
- Significant proven experience working as a Software Engineer in a research lab or in industry;
- Inquisitiveness to learn about new problems and ideas;
- Hands-on experience building efficient data pipelines for large-scale processing, and great knowledge on relevant data structures and algorithms;
- Excellent practical software engineering ability, particularly Python (profiling/optimization) and C/C++;
- Experience working with IoT devices, embedded systems or drones, and/or usable mobile decision support information system;
- Further requirements supplied in the Job Description;
- A degree in a relevant subject or equivalent subject to computer science, or at least 5 years software development experience;
- Strong programming ability including excellent working knowledge of Python.