Scala engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Scala engineer to join our team.
- Design of REST and/or GraphQL APIs;
- Be creative and experiment with new solutions but pragmatic and committed to code optimization, maintainability, and quality;
- Implement highly scalable systems, using the best development practices and tools;
- Event-oriented, cloud hosted services programming;
- Build the backend layer that is used by our UI components.
- At least 3 years full-¬time commercial experience of engineering software;
- Distinctiveness – someone who can help us raise the bar;
- Proficient at delivering complex backend systems in a structured typed language (Scala, Java, .NET, Haskell etc.);
- Able to work independently on tasks and maintain focus;
- Understanding of computer science fundamentals;
- Comfortable working in an intense, delivery focused environment;
- Experience with Agile methodologies;
- Understanding of performance, scalability, and implementation constraints;
- Computer Science BSc minimum from a good university;
- Experience working on server side technologies that interface with mobile phones;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Ability to convert non-technical requirements to implementation design;
- Enthusiasm for solving interesting problems; with real intellectual curiosity and generalism;
- Experience with agile software development methodologies;
- Understanding and appreciation of software architecture and design principles.