Senior AOCS/GNC Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior AOCS/GNC Engineer to join our team.
- On orbit anomaly resolution of AOCS systems;
- Nanosatellite attitude and orbit control algorithm development, implementation and test;
- Validation of on orbit telemetry through LEOPS commissioning phase;
- Performing Hardware-In-the-Loop verification testing of new and novel AOCS algorithms;
- Integration of AOCS sensors and actuators into nanosatellite platforms;
- Elicitation and definition of customer attitude determination and control user requirements;
- Leadership and Technical mentoring of junior engineers;
- Characterisation of AOCS sensors and actuators, modelling from first principles.
- Ability to write and/or debug C/C++ programming language;
- Extensive experience as an AOCS/GNC engineer in industry;
- Strong mathematical and control system design skills;
- Knowledge and experience of Software and Hardware development processes;
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills;
- Experience in designing and characterising attitude sensing and control systems;
- Knowledge or awareness of ECSS standards relating to attitude and orbit control;
- Strong MATLAB/Simulink modeling experience;
- Ability to write technical documentation to a high standard.